Shift Your Ride Summer Challenge
Mark your calendars for June 1, 2023 through August 31, 2023 for the Shift Your Ride Summer Challenge in Northern Colorado – Powered by VanGo™!
What is the Shift Your Ride Summer Challenge?
The Shift Your Ride Summer Challenge is a partnership of multiple communities within the North Front Range region, bringing together large and small communities to get residents and visitors to walk, bike, roll, ride transit, work from home – really, anything that gets people out of their cars. It doesn't matter if a trip is walking to the grocery store, working from home on Friday, or riding a bike to the brewery on the weekend, any trip counts if you'd normally drive your car.
There are a few reasons to participate.
- Challenge yourself – set a goal to ride and walk more this summer
- Challenge others – compete against your family, coworkers, friends, or the region to shift the most miles
- Win a prize – participants will be in the running for different prizes after tracking at least four trips
- See the region in a new way – we’ve got some great trails, transit, and paths to see things that you can't see when you're driving
- Improve our air – every time you don't drive, you’re helping the region reduce transportation-related air quality issues
- Put money in your pocket – transit, riding your bike, walking, and rolling are all cheap ways to get around the region and you don’t have to pay for gas!
How do I participate?
Great question! The NFRMPO is partnering with VanGo™ Vanpools to help you track your rides and get in the running for prizes. Follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to leaving your competition in the dust!
- Fill out the Google Form with some basic information (name, email, community, and whether you’re part of a team). NFRMPO staff will register you for the VanGo™ Vanpools platform.
- Activate your account via the verification email you will receive from VanGo™ Vanpools. Set a password.
- Sign up for the challenge – Shift Your Ride Summer Challenge.
- Get out and about on a bus, the trails, or your couch.
- Start tracking those trips.
Not sure where to start? Reach out to the Mobility team at the NFRMPO by emailing email@example.com or calling (970) 514-3636.